Position: Event Sales Executive North
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 5 over 7.
About the role:
The Event Sales Executive will work within the newly created Regional Commercial Team within Arena Racing Company. Based at Doncaster Racecourse you will be part of the team that is driving the commercial success of the region and wider group.
This position will drive Events sales by the effective conversion of non racing events with focus on upsell, account management and driving repeat business. This role will also include pro-active sales to both existing clients and the identification and conversion of new business.
This position will support the Senior Event Sales Executive, contributing to the overall EVH strategy. Working closely with the regional delivery team to ensure efficient client management and the highest levels of customer service.
Candidates should be highly driven, with a relentlessly positive attitude, the ability to work under pressure and extensive experience within events/arena.
• Maximising profit from current clients, upselling and cross-selling where appropriate.
• Respond to all enquiries within the prescribed timescale with a professional and positive manner.
• Manage the booking with effective use of the administrative systems such as Rendezvous.
• Keep accurate sales pipeline reports in-line with group guidance to assist in site / regional / group sales tracking and operational planning.
• Prepare accurate contracts with the appropriate pricing and timings, consistent with the commercial model for specific course / race day / event.
• Apply sales incentives where appropriate in order to convert sales within the commercial parameters set by the Senior Event Sales Executive and Sales and Commercial Manager.
• Work closely with on-site co-ordinator to facilitate show-rounds and customer visits.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.