Based at Lingfield Park Racecourse this role has responsibility for the management of our culinary offering across all racedays at one of the country’s most prestigious sports venues.
Working in conjunction with the Regional Head Chef you will also be at the forefront of the food development and delivery of our non raceday events business.
Key duties include:
- Work closely with the Regional Head Chef regarding revenue budgets and cost targets
- Develop and deliver an innovative food strategy across the venue's retail, hospitality and fine dining proposaition.
- To implement and adhere to the Company Food Safety Management System across all areas within remit.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Manage the Kitchen staff rota across all sites in remit & deliver promptly to the staffing managers. Ensuring set cost targets are met.
- Develop and retain a strong kitchen team, Allocate daily workload appropriately to staff, maintaining effectiveness and operational control. Including record absence/sickness of all direct reports
- Take personal accountability for food safety compliance. Including, ensuring allergen information is displayed correctly and teams are trained and briefed accordingly.
If you are an experienced Head Chef with a passion for both large scale event delivery and culinary innovation we would love to hear from you.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.