Catering Casual Staff ( Bar / Hospitality )
Do you want to work at one of Birminghams exciting sports and Leisure venues?
Perry Barr Greyhound Track is looking to increase their pool of casual workers.
This is a casual vacancy with various hours available but successful candidates must be able to work on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
The right attitude is essential for this position.
- Serve all customers in an efficient, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure guests receive the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Be able to advise guests on all products available within the venue.
- To promote a happy and welcoming atmosphere within the venue.
- To work both alone or as part of a team being responsible ensuring that all guests needs are met to the highest possible standard.
- Maintain stock levels and rotation within work and storage areas in order to avoid waste and assist with stocktaking.
- Ensure the work area is adequately stocked with glassware, ice, condiments and other appropriate sundries in line with predetermined stock levels and business need.
- Laying up and preparing restaurants/boxes for the service of meals, tea, coffee and light refreshments
- To serve all guests efficiently with the correct food and beverage service knowledge, cleaning down and carrying out all necessary duties as required by your manager.
- Service of wine and other drinks from the bar as directed by your Management team.
- Keep the area of work and public areas clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties as required – paying particular attention to Health and Safety and COSHH Guidelines.
- Ensure all orders are dispensed and correctly recorded and authorised for billing purposes.
- Ensure all orders are rung through the tills and payment obtained in line with prescribed procedures.
- Ensure all tills are closed down in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all temperature records are accurately kept along with other appropriate paperwork.
- Adhere to and follow all licensing policies and procedures.
- Handle cash, stock and equipment in a secure manner.
- Act as an information point for customers.
- Record wastage in line with venue procedures and dispose of rubbish in line with any onsite recycling initiatives.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Undertake other reasonable duties in line with business demands.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Be smart, polite, professional and well presented at all times.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer care skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality service and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills – friendly, confident, outgoing.
- Strong numerical and literacy skill.
- The ability to handle difficult or conflict situations.
- The ability to adopt the values of Arena Racing Company.
- The ability to work with a smile on your face whatever the weather.
- To work with honesty and integrity.