Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Night Associate will be required to assist in the effective coordination of the Hotel during the night shift, ensuring high quality customer care and satisfaction is delivered at all times. Ensuring the Front Office Department operates within the brand standard guidelines.
1. To welcome all guests in a hospitable and efficient manner.
2. To ensure Front Office Department operates within the brand guidelines, utilising SOP manuals where practical.
3. To ensure a consistently high level of customer care is delivered at all times.
4. To ensure efficient check in, check out, room account settlements are performed to the brand requirements and procedures.
5. Adhere to the hotel’s financial operation and reporting protocols and procedures.
6. To ensure all guests requests and preferences are logged and acted upon to drive guest satisfaction.
7. To carry out the end of day functions on the Front Desk
8. To complete the nights checklist each day in a timely fashion.
9. To assist colleagues in the racecourse where required.
10. To act upon feedback to resolve any guest issues at the time of reporting where possible.
11. Report all guest feed back to relevant personnel.
12. Understand the Hotel’s Fire and Safety procedures and undergo training in all fire and security measures required.
13. To ensure hotel revenue in all areas is maximised at all times.
14. To be fully aware of competitors and industry trends.
15. To constantly seek new opportunities for the profitable use of facilities and growth.
16. To ensure all areas of night Food & Beverage service are performed to the required brand standard.
17. To ensure all areas of night Front Desk duties are carried out to the required brand standards.
18. To ensure high quality communication is in place in the hotel.
19. If required, escort guests to their rooms to ensure the safety and security of all guests.
20. Due to the nature of our business, understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
21. Assist in the training of new employees when required.
22. Protect guest and associate personal information and adhere to GDPR policy.
23. Develop a basic knowledge of the Marsha reservation system.
24. At all times strive to represent Lingfield Park Resort in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
25. Ensure the cleanliness and organisation of the Front Desk, Guest Internet Station and back offices.
26. Maintain and adhere to the hotel’s grooming standards as stated in the handbook.
27. Develop a thorough knowledge of the hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services and the hours of operations.
28. Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates.
29. Familiarise with the daily activities and meetings that are being held in the hotel. Participate in the daily 15-minute training and service excellence checks.
30. Have a thorough knowledge of the hotel PMS system, telephone systems, Vingcard key system, Guest ware, Micros and pagers. Know who to report hardware and software problems.
31. Actively participate in special guest programs such as: Repeat Guest History, Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Guest Responses.
• GCSE or equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year experience on nights
• To be able to use Opera Front Office PMS
• To be able to use Marsha, the global reservations system.
• Branded hotel background
• Influencing Skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communicator.
• Works well under pressure.
• High level of negotiating skills.
• Customer service focused (internal and external).
• Organised, systematic and process driven.
Hours of Work:
• 40 hours, 5 nights in 7
• Flexibility toward week-end and bank holiday working is a pre-requisite of this position.