Hotel Sales Manager, Hilton Garden Inn
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse has an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Sales Manager to join the team!
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Are you looking for a new challenge in a truly unique resort? Would you like to be a part of an amazing team? Then we would love to hear from you!!
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, with a restaurant and conferencing & banqueting space, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse. The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers a high service standard, with a warm and sunny service. Due to the hotel being part of a wider resort, it makes this role very exciting as the racecourse holds 37 race days a year, as well as numerous conferences, exhibitions and events – all of which drive new customers into the hotel.
Purpose of Job:
As the hotel is part of a wider resort and group, the role is actually working within our reginal sales hubs, focusing on the hotel sales, but also the wider venue.
The Hotel Sales Manager will drive revenue by effectively marketing and selling the resort within the local and national market place. Working within the sales hub team, driving conferences and events revenue into the site, to support bedroom income. You will increase the share and profitability of existing accounts and secure new business across all market segments. To increase revenue from the conference and event market by researching and targeting business in competitor hotels and venues, both locally and nationally. With a key focus on growing meeting and events income across the full site.
Working closely with the hotel team and the sales hubs, to ensure all events and quotes are delivered in line with group costing and pricing. To liaise on a daily basis with Hotel General Manager, hotel Revenue Manager and area revenue team to ensure that all activity undertaken increases hotel profit in line with the business plan.
Working within the Northern sales hub, focusing on all room and event sales within the hotel, with key responsibility to grow meeting and Events income in Doncaster. Including proactive sales, responding to inbound queries and supporting event coordination across the site.
This is a full-time permanent role, with a key focus to establish the hotel within the Doncaster and regional South Yorkshire and national market place.
Is this Hotel Sales Manager role right for me?
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic, and understands how to provide excellent customer service. With previous experience in a hotel or event sales background, with a strong commercial understanding and drive to meet and exceed targets.
This role would be suited for a strong Hotel Sales or Events Sales Senior Executive, looking to take on their first manager role. Or an established hotel or event sales manager, looking for a new opportunity in a venue that is so much more than just a hotel!
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!
● Experience/track record of sales management in a hotel or large conference venue.
● Proven track record of quoting and selling large scale events
● Experience of working within a structured team environment and able to demonstrate effective coaching skills.
● Strong awareness of commerciality when quoting for events
● Proven track record of growing sales income and bottom line contribution
● Strong commercial outlook – sales and revenue driven.
● Excellent sales, customer care, account management and negotiation skills.
● Strong presentation and influencing skills.
● Highly motivated and enthusiastic and good team player.
● Driven and determined to achieve results.
● Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and engage effectively at all levels.
● A willingness to travel throughout the UK (presenting to prospective partner organisations, meeting and entertaining clients, attending trade fairs/shows).
● Knowledge of PMS and CRM systems preferred, although training will be given.
● Report writing skills and able to use word, excel spreadsheets and powerpoint for presentations.
● Remain focused at all times and able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
● Open to new ideas.
● Good written and verbal English.
● UK citizen or valid work permit.
What can we offer you?
● 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays (Pro rata for part time) and increases through length of service
● Contributory pension scheme
● A competitive salary
● Free Parking
● Personal and professional development opportunities
● A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
● Hilton benefits and discounts.
We look forward to hearing from you.