Food and Beverage Manager, Hilton Garden Inn
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse has an exciting opportunity for a Food & Beverage Manager to join the team!
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Are you looking for a new challenge in a truly unique resort? Would you like to be a part of an amazing team? Then we would love to hear from you!!
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, with a restaurant and conferencing & banqueting space, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse. The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers a high service standard, with a warm and sunny service. Due to the hotel being part of a wider resort, it makes this role very exciting as the racecourse holds 37 race days a year, as well as numerous conferences, exhibitions and events – all of which drive new customers into the hotel.
This role will oversee all the food and beverage operations within the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel, including The Old Weighing Room Restaurant and first floor Function suite.
To work closely with both the Hilton Garden Inn teams and the Northern Catering Hub, to ensure a cohesive relationship and deliver the highest standard of service and customer satisfaction.
Working closely with the Hotel General Manager, to deliver the expected return on investment for the Food & Beverage department. To lead the F&B team to consistently drive operational standards, championing attention to detail and exceeding customer expectations. Leading from the front and developing the F&B team through effective line management, training and development.
This role also has the scope to deputise for the Hotel General Manager and be a key part of the Senior Management team.
Is this Food & Beverage Manager role right for me?
We are looking for someone with an extensive understanding of food and beverage operations, with commercial awareness and strong team management skills.
Someone who is passionate and enthusiastic, and understands how to provide excellent customer service.
If you are looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to develop - then get in touch!
Personality and Skills:
You are to demonstrate;
- Excellent written communication skills, sufficient to produce communications that properly reflect the Hilton Brand.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Considerable ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to delegate, organise projects and establish priorities consistent with company objectives.
- Ability to effectively deal with shareholders, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a F&B supervisor or management role
- Previous experience of managing conferences and events is a distinct advantage
- Previous experience within a hotel franchise is an advantage
- Proven track record in creating F&B and/or Event budgets, with the ability to drive revenue
- Proven track record of strong leadership, decisiveness and can work on one’s own initiative
- Proven track record of success in achieving objectives
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a team of professionals.
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What can we offer you?
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays (Pro rata for part time) and increases through length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Free Parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
- Hilton benefits and discounts.
We look forward to hearing from you.