The key function of this role is to prepare and analyse financial information and implement effective reporting to enhance overall business performance.
Combining both accounting and management reporting skills, the role of Management Accountant has the accountability for preparing, developing and informing findings from financial reports. Responsibilities include maintaining financial policies and management information systems, alongside establishing effective communication channels to inform the business on all aspects of company finance.
The role will include the management review and delegation of duties to members of staff within the Group Finance department to ensure the highest standard and accuracy of work is produced.
You will be expected to work closely with the Group Financial Controller, Group FP&A and Group Finance Manager in the strategic planning of the businesses, providing information where necessary to assist in achieving the goals and targets as set by the company.
The role demands a high level of accuracy as well as excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Deliver accurate and timely management accounts with forward looking analysis on key trends including performance against budget and forecast.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review the property management system EventMaster, EPOS system Kappture and the catering procurement and stock system IndiCater to ensure the systems deliver accurately reported data which is then reconciled and reflected in the financial reporting of the business.
- Update rolling weekly 13 week cashflow forecasts.
- Support the budget and forecast process, prepare financial analysis and update modelling as required to deliver the group reporting timetable.
- Discuss and implement actions plans as required to providing insight to monitor risks and opportunities within the reporting.
- Prepare reconciliation bridges together with supporting narrative as required.
- Prepare the reconciliation and GL cost allocation of authorisation payroll from the itrent payroll and T&A system.
- Prepare VAT returns and close down the accounting period following the groups timetabled schedule.
- Review the AP, AR, bank and GL transactions to ensure the companies accounting procedures are being correctly adopted.
- Prepare the control accounts and the release of income for the APB (Motcomb) property management system.
- Assist with the annual statutory financial audit process in line with current reporting standards and prepare a detailed audit submission and field any requests as required.
- Supply information as may be required to enable any investment opportunity or proposed capital project to be fully appraised.
- To review and implement the goals and targets of the Group Finance department as set by the CFO.
- To perform any other reasonable task as instructed by Group Finance, the Executive Director’s or Company Director.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduation experience
- Racecourse, sport or leisure background an advantage
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful, influential leader and experience of leading both strategic and operational teams.
- Strong IT, analytic and modelling skills
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
- Flexible approach towards working patterns and the ability to work to meet the needs of the business.
- Energetic, highly motivated and an enquiring mind with a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.