The Business Coordinator’s role is to manage general commercial and administration activities across the racecourse business.
This person will liaise with the regional sales hub, delivery team and client acting as the site-based contact for the provision of commercial racing and non-racing packages, ensuring smooth communication, transmission of information and final delivery to the client.
This person will work closely with the Executive Director / General Manager in the provision of site-based commercial activity, site representation including show-rounds and co-ordination of non-central suppliers.
This role will ensure site-specific collateral is available and presented professionally and appropriately and will update systems where needed.
This person needs to be confident, positive and comfortable working to tight deadlines and under pressure. Effective task management and attention to detail will be essential along with an ability to present well to clients.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Represent the race course in an appropriate and professional manner dealing with a variety of clients and requests.
- Act as the on-site co-ordination for delivery of restaurant, hospitality (race day) and EVH activity working closely with the sales hub and delivery teams.
- Acting as client liaison to coordinate final booking details with smooth communication to the delivery team.
- Acting as account handler for specific existing client business, used to dealing directly with the race course.
- Liaison with finance, final details to ensure accurate invoicing, ensuring before-the-day payments have been made.
- Work closely with operations and the delivery team to ensure accurate pre-race-day / pre-event setup and deliveries, briefing where necessary.
- Coordination of localised and group-wide sponsorship collateral provision and activation.
- Ensuring marketing collateral is appropriate, up to date and in good supply.
- Management of direct-to-site communication and flow of enquiry.
- Work with ED/GM in representing the business to the local community.
- All business-related tasks within reasonable scope of the role.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent. Business/even qualification preferred.
- At least 2-years working in a business or commercial coordination role, or as a business developer wanting to move into coordination.
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a multi-stakeholder environment, to tight timescales.
- Client and account management experience
- The ability and flare to showcase a site or an event for business show rounds
- Proven experience in working with multiple teams, coming together to provide a high-quality service acting as the point-person on-site to ensure high-quality service delivery.
- Numerate, with good IT skills including MS Office products.
- Affable and presentable, with experience in working with high-value clients, with a proven ability to engender trust and respect.
- Self-starting and tenacious, with a can-do attitude turning your hand to any reasonable project or activity.
- Previous effective sales experience an advantage.