To drive hotel revenue by effectively marketing and selling the hotel within the local and national market place. To increase the share and profitability of existing accounts and secure new business across all market segments. To increase revenue from the conference and event market by researching and targeting business in competitor hotel and venues, both locally and nationally. With a key focus on growing meeting and events income across the site. Working closely with the hotel team and the sales hubs, to ensure all events and quotes are delivered in line with group costing and pricing.
To liaise on a daily basis with hotel and area revenue team to ensure that all activity undertaken increases hotel profit in line with the business plan. Working within the Southern sales hub, focusing on all sales within the hotel, collaboratively working with the Event Sales team and Racing Sales team.
This is a full-time permanent role, with a key focus to establish the hotel within the Lingfield and Surrey areas and national market place.
- Produce a Sales plan that accurately interprets the objectives of the business and maps out the actions and strategies required within the marketplace to support the repositioning of the hotel. Use this to focus own and team efforts across all market segments.
- Support the Hotel, General Manager, sales hub and Revenue team in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget.
- Work with the Hotel General Manager, sales hub and hotel team to continuously align and devise strategies and tactics to retain and grow the business and support revenue maximisation.
- Work with the Revenue team, sales hub and Hotel General Manager to continuously research competitor properties to obtain market and rate intelligence and an understanding of business trends, the competition and their key accounts. Utilise this intelligence to develop strategic plans, ensure the hotel remains competitive in the market place and to identify potential business to target.
- Work with the Group Event Sales Manager to drive revenue through selling the events spaces in the Hotel and other site event spaces.
- Attend and help drive quarterly Strategic Business Reviews, monthly Hotel Strategy meetings and other meetings when on property. Have ownership and responsibility for agreed outputs from these meetings.
Driving and Managing Sales
- Have ownership and responsibility for driving and delivering the agreed Sales and Marketing strategies in the Sales and Marketing plan.
- Establish, build and manage relationships with the Key Account Directors/Managers to maximise revenue opportunities from key national accounts who have requirements in Lingfield & Surrey.
- Become fully conversant with all Marriott sales initiatives and tools, so as to utilise and build them into the Sales & Marketing plan to maximize the benefits to the hotel.
- Actively seek/identify, secure and contract new and repeat business for the hotel, across all market segments.
- Research potential new accounts, conduct telesales calls, plan appointments and carry out a minimum of 8 face to face sales calls per week.
- Prepare account development plans to ensure maximum share from each account and agency.
- Identify and secure appropriate group, tour operator and wholesale business by working with revenue team to help drive revenue, particularly over shoulder periods.
- Plan and execute sales trips to major market areas.
- Attend major travel functions and exhibitions to promote Sales for the hotel.
- Support the hotel General Manager and the Central Marketing Hub team to ensure effective data capture and database management processes and systems are in place for the hotel.
- Identify and target local leisure attractions and other venues to develop mutually beneficial affiliations and partnerships.
- Maintain extensive market and product knowledge and work with hotel on adapting products and services to match client requirements and business trends.
Managing the Team
- Engage the full hotel team to ensure a Sales culture is embedded throughout the hotel by launching the Sales initiatives and tools and gaining buy-in from the team. Highlight a person for the role of Sales Champion and work with them to ensure they are confident to qualify leads.
- Utilise all sales initiatives with the hotel team to include ‘Who Goes There’ ‘Guest Who’ & ‘Sales Blitzes’. Work with the hotel team so they are qualifying the information required before the leads are passed over to Sales for follow up and ensure the tool is updated with actions taken/results achieved.
- Devise, train and engage the hotel team members in strategies to identify sales leads to gain their support and assistance. Provide regular feedback, share, recognise and celebrate successes and set new targets/activities.
Managing Customer Relationships
- Manage and penetrate existing accounts to maintain current business and increase market share.
- Maintain rapport and reward loyalty through entertaining top producing clients as required. When entertaining clients, remember you are at all times representing the business and your behaviour must display this.
- Work with the hotel General Manager and key team members to strengthen current relationships within the local community. Represent the hotel at seminars, business events etc to maximise networking opportunities to raise the profile/awareness of the hotel.
- Manage relationships with local attractions and venues to maximize opportunities for joint working.
- Review and manage the Sales and Marketing budget/P&L and allocated expenditure to ensure most effective use of funds available.
- Evaluate ROI for all Sales & Marketing expenditure.
- Ensure effective use of the Salesforce CRM system. All Sales activities must be recorded and Salesforce updated as per the minimum standards of use.
- Ensure effective use of the Sharepoint system to produce Marketing collateral.
- Submit a monthly Sales Report to the GM and Sales Director.
- Prepare and complete other reports and presentations as required by Owner and the IHR team.
- Ensure transparency and accuracy of BoB and forecasting through all ARC sales platforms – salesforce/EMS and other revenue trackers.
- Experience/track record of sales management in a hotel or large conference venue.
- Proven track record of quoting and selling large scale events
- Experience of working within a structured team environment and able to demonstrate effective coaching skills.
- Strong awareness of commerciality when quoting for events
- Proven track record of growing sales income and bottom line contribution
- Strong commercial outlook – sales and revenue driven.
- Excellent sales, customer care, account management and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic and good team player.
- Driven and determined to achieve results.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and engage effectively at all levels.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK (presenting to prospective partner organisations, meeting and entertaining clients, attending trade fairs/shows).
- Knowledge of PMS and CRM systems preferred, although training will be given.
- Report writing skills and able to use word, excel spreadsheets and powerpoint for presentations.
- Remain focused at all times and able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Open to new ideas.
- Good written and verbal English.