To oversee all catering and event operations within the Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel including the restaurant, function suites, external areas, golf lounge, bar operations, and room service.
To work closely with both the Lingfield Marriott team, Southern Catering Hub team and the racecourse teams, to ensure a cohesive relationship and deliver the highest standard of service and customer satisfaction.
To assist the Hotel General Manager to deliver the expected return on investment for the Food & Beverage department.
- To manage and oversee all Catering and Event operations under the Lingfield Marriott umbrella; including but not limited to the restaurant, function suites, external areas, golf lounge, bar operations, and room service.
- Developing operational service and food standards; demonstrating innovation, flair and creativity in keeping abreast of industry and competitor standards and showcasing best practice at Lingfield Park.
- Produce and implement service standards for the Hotel restaurant to ensure the team delivers a high quality of service.
- Manage the Head Chef and support them in their role to maintain a high standard of food, within budgetary parameters, in line with market trends and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Maximise staff engagement, through training. Empowerment and coaching of individual team members.
- Plan all duty rotas in line with appropriate personnel whilst working within and maintaining budgetary restrictions.
- Ensure that staff are well presented and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To promote and facilitate interdepartmental communication and liaison with all areas of the business at all times.
- Develop procedures to maximise the capture of customers to the hotel restaurants; working with other departments to ensure the Food & Beverage offer is marketed to hotel guests at every available point of contact.
- Create a program of packages/events/themes across the year to boost non-residential customers to the Food & Beverage facilities.
- To lead the F&B team to consistently drive operational standards, championing attention to detail and exceeding customer expectations.
- In line with the Hotel Sales Manager and the Southern Sales Hub, coordinate Conference and Banqueting within the restaurant and fuction suites.
- Utilise support from the Southern Catering hub team to deliver non-raceday events.
- Ensure a seamless transition of service standards from that of the Racecourse to the function suites; ensuring that customers both past and present experience both venues as a cohesive resort, offering a high quality of customer service.
- Working in conjunction with the Catering and Events Manager (Southern Hub) to provide and deliver the required restaurant package on Racedays.
- Responsible for, with support from the Hotel General Manager, delivering, with an aim to exceeding, the projected return on investment for the Food & Beverage department.
- Adhere to and follow all licensing policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all Marriott Brand Standards and training is completed for self and the F&B team.
- Ensure Duty Management training is complete and continually updated, working as the hotel Duty Manager when required.
Personality and Skills:
You are to demonstrate;
- Excellent written communication skills, sufficient to produce communications that properly reflect the Marriott and Lingfield Park Resort Brand.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Considerable ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to delegate, organise projects and establish priorities consistent with company objectives.
- Ability to effectively deal with shareholders, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within Catering and Events management role.
- Previous experience within a hotel franchise is an advantage
- Proven track record in creating F&B and/or Event budgets, with the ability to drive revenue
- Proven track record of strong leadership, decisiveness and can work on one’s own initiative
- Proven track record of success in achieving objectives
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a team of professionals.