Nottingham Greyhound Stadium is looking to recruit a Head of Catering to manage the back of house food-led catering operation. The successful candidate will organise and supervise all kitchen and snack bar operations across the site, maintaining high food quality and complying with hygiene regulations. They will control costs in general and maintain good staff relations as well as maintaining all legal and company health, safety & HACCP standards.
The remit will encompass all food preparation across your site for both for Greyhound Racing fixtures and event days, being a hands on chef, as well as leading the Catering function.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
• Liaise closely with the ARC Group Head Catering & Executive Chef regarding revenue budgets and cost targets.
• To make purchases within agreed parameters, ensuring the budgeted food GP is achieved & food quality of the highest standard is maintained.
• To oversee and maintain the Indicater catering platform, ensuring it is utilised fully; monitoring unit spends, finance reporting, stock takes, menu planning & allergens.
• To implement and adhere to the Company Food Safety Management System across all areas within your remit.
• Coordinate stock takes as required.
• To work closely with the venue sales and operation teams to understand up and coming events, planning and executing the kitchen’s time and resources as required.
• Managing the site preparation of food and the service.
• Preparing and Cooking of foods during both fixture days and event days
• Instructing both full time and casual chefs and staff in the correct Health & Safety and food safety procedures.
• Ensure all EHO food safety and production requirements are met and maintained to current standards. Managing all HACCP procedures and documentation across the business.
• Ensure quality control at all times throughout production process from raw material to ready plated end product.
• Control portion size and waste factors at all times, directly influencing GP.
• To meet clients when required to assist in menu planning alongside the Group Head chef
• Coordinating and assisting with technical and competency training for the venue team with regards to operational aspects of the food safety program, pest control, environmental, operational methods and personnel practices, maintenance for food safety and hygiene /cleaning practices.
• To liaise with Local Authority Inspectors and enforcement officials as required.
• Manage the Kitchen staff rota, ensuring set cost targets are met.
• Driving recruitment / retention of direct casual staff. Reducing overall agency usage
What we are looking for:
Essential Skills & Experience;
• Experience as a Chef in high quality operation
• Strong understanding in HACCP, nutrition & allergens
• Good understanding of purchasing systems, technical packages & I.T.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent communicator
• Passionate about the kitchen environment and about our product
• Works well under pressure. Organised systematic and process driven
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!