Arena Racing Company are looking to Recruit a Catering Operations Manager to take a leading role within our recently established Northern Catering Hub.
Based at Doncaster Racecourse, this role has responsibility for Catering including in house and third-party concessions, mobilisation of race days and events, within the Hub, which also includes Southwell Racecourse. In addition, the incumbent will be required to support and Deputise for the Regional Catering and Events Manager in all areas as requested. We will require you to deliver sustainable growth through enhanced revenue generation, improved service delivery, fully integrating our in-house catering teams, delivering cost savings and through maximising commercial opportunities across the Northern Region.
This role will see you have direct responsibilities for all catering staff in the region;.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To evaluate and continually update the performance monitoring process of our catering teams service and food quality delivery
- Plan all rotas to cover event build up, operation and breakdown with appropriate personnel across the multi-site operation. Ensuring that all costs are within financial targets and budgets.
- Liaise with the sales executives to plan, monitor and develop the catering information for racing & non-racing information.
- Lead all volume operations and take personal accountability for the support of key account client requirements in both the planning and execution of events.
- Undertake reviews of all direct report personal development plans
- Assist in the implementation of a coherent strategy for all areas of the catering & event business. This is to include the maximisation of the revenue and profitability through growth potential of all the commercial operations consistent with the broader objectives of the Group.
- To develop and deliver a Retail plan for the region
- To establish retail brand, presence and offer that is capable of supporting and incorporating all of the venues
- Work closely with the Regional Catering and Events Manager / Head Chef to deliver the sites food and beverage strategy, maintaining planned cost of goods.
- Ensure all purchasing limits are adhered to across all departments.
- To maximise our Cost of Sales through set menu planning and core cards delivering high quality food in Hospitality, Restaurants, Non-Racing and all Retail areas
- To maximise our Beverage sales through purchasing, retail pricing and managing controls
- Drive the working relationship and communication between Catering teams and sales teams.
- To create with HR a consistent Catering training plan focused on customer service, Food and Beverage product, delivery and team interaction
- Minimise staff turnover through positive and inclusive management of the team, encouraging input, managing fairly, celebrating success and encouraging development.
- Maintain a high degree of understanding of the company’s financial and commercial operations
- Ensure that management and audit reports are analysed and that appropriate action is taken to improve performance.
- Drive operational strategies to ensure seamless, planning for all catering operations and services across each site.
- To constantly seek new opportunities for profitable use of facilities towards increased customer satisfaction and growth.
- To communicate effectively with the marketing team in ensuring promotional literature reflects the product.
- Train the hospitality & events team in common core skills identified through site Standards Operation Procedures.
- Monitor and maintain operational standards through daily site inspections and check lists across the multi sites.
- Co-ordinate and deliver all administrative tasks as required for race day and non-race day events.
If you have a passion for catering and experience of delivering an excellent customer experience across large scale events we would like to hear from you.