Reporting to the Estates Manager or their Deputy, the Groundsperson will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of the turf and All-Weather courses, stables, estates grounds and other facilities across Lingfield Park Resort.
Groundstaff are responsible and accountable for ensuring:
To follow instruction regarding grounds maintenance on
the estate to include:The racecourse turf and all weather tracks.The Estate to include gardens and golf course if/when required.The Jacksbridge farm/set aside area.
To ensure that the above areas are maintained to the highest possible
standards of safety and presentation.
To attend briefing sessions as required, and to comply with instructions to ensure that the best methods, practices and safe systems of work are used to produce the best and safest possible racing surface.
To comply with and complete any training requirements/courses made available to you by the company.
To continually review working practices in each area, challenging historic practices and looking for improved methods of work.
To work to high and precise standards continually improving attention to detail and care of the Estate in general.
To ensure that all equipment is used in a safe and proper manner, maintained as per manufacturers instructions, is kept in a clean and tidy condition and is stored in an appropriate place, which complies with company insurance requirements.
To ensure that prior to using any equipment you have received appropriate instruction regarding its safe use.
To treat machinery and tools responsibly and with respect. Wearing appropriate PPE, ensuring guards are used where appropriate, and prolonging the life of the tools through proper care.
To ensure that any problems found in any of the above areas, are either dealt with immediately or reported to the Estates Manager or their deputy.
To ensure that all Racecourse regulations are complied with in relation to:
- All relevant British Horseracing Authority General Instructions (BHAGI’s),
- The Racecourse License.
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices.
- The completion of risk assessments.
- COSHH regulations.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
To control wastage and operate according to the Company’s environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for Lingfield Park, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Resort in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
To carry out any other tasks occasionally requested by the Estates Manager, Clerk Of The Course or Executive Director.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Continually striving to improve the presentation of the Racecourse and its surrounds on Racedays, and on a timely and on-going basis.
Response to and compliance with requests from the Estates Manager, Deputy and their superiors on the preparation of the racing surfaces prior to each race meeting, and all other matters.
Compliance to all BHAGI’s relating to the racecourse and racing surfaces.
Successful working relationships with grounds team and other departmental staff, and promotion of positive and motivated attitude through example.
Knowledge of and compliance with Health and Safety procedures and practices.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week, worked flexibly
- Due to the nature of our business you will on occasions be expected to work anti-social hours where relevant business demands, for example; weekend racing. Flexibility toward week-end, early and late working, as well as interdepartmental requirements is a pre-requisite of this employment.