Reporting to the Estates Manager and the Deputy Head Greenkeeper, the Greenkeeper will be responsible and accountable for maintenance and presentation of the entire Golf Course, the Club House surrounds and driving range, in line with the requirements of the Company.
Golf Course and Surrounding Areas
To prepare and maintain the golf course in accordance with good sports turf maintenance guidelines and the requirements of the Company. Operations include:
To maintain all closely mown areas, in play areas as required,To ensure that the course and Golf Estate areas are maintained and are in the best possible condition and to the highest standards of presentation at all timesTo carry out aspects of sports turf maintenance in line with the following (this is not an exhaustive list)::
- Switching and brushing
- Mowing banks, rough, semi rough, fairways, surrounds, tees, greens,
- Scarifying turf
- Repairing divots
- Irrigation of all areas when required
- Applying pesticides (if certified to do so)
- Controlling moss
- Controlling diseases (if certified to do so)
- Renovating and repairing turf
- Aerating turf
- Applying fertilizer
- Top dressing
- Any other requirements to ensure that the course is maintained to the highest standards
To carry out preparation works on the course for play on each day that the course is open, to include:
- Mowing of specified areas
- Moving tee markers
- Maintaining bunkers
- Maintaining golf course furniture and signage, emptying on course bins
- Changing holes
To ensure that the driving range is cut, maintained, is well presented and balls collected as and when necessary
To assist with course construction, bunkers, tees, greens, drainage, etc where agreed and as required
To attend briefing sessions as required, and to comply with instructions to ensure that the best methods, practices and safe systems of work are used to produce the best and safest possible playing surfaces.
To comply with and complete any training requirements/courses made available to you by the company.
To continually review working practices in each area, challenging historic practices and looking for improved methods of work.
To work to high and precise standards continually improving attention to detail and care of the Estate in general.
To ensure that all equipment is used in a safe and proper manner, maintained as per manufacturers instructions, is kept in a clean and tidy condition and is stored in an appropriate place, which complies with company insurance requirements.
To ensure that prior to using any equipment you have received appropriate instruction regarding its safe use.
To treat machinery and tools responsibly and with respect. Wearing appropriate PPE, ensuring guards are used where appropriate, and prolonging the life of the tools through proper care.
To ensure that any problems found in any of the above areas, are either dealt with immediately or reported to the Estates Manager or their deputy.
To ensure that all Racecourse regulations are complied with where relevant in relation to:
To comply with all Health and Safety procedures appropriate on site at all times. Specifically but not exhaustive as follows:
- All relevant British Horseracing Authority General Instructions (BHAGI’s),
- The Racecourse License.
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices.
- The completion of risk assessments.
- COSHH regulations.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
To control wastage and operate according to the Company’s environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
To be an ambassador for Lingfield Park and ARC taking personal responsibility for finding out about the resort product and services, and at all times striving to represent the resort in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
To carry out any other tasks occasionally requested by the Estates Manager, Clerk Of The Course or Executive Director.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Continually striving to improve the presentation of the golf course and its surrounds on a timely and on-going basis.
Response to and compliance with requests from the Estates Manager, Deputy Head Greenkeeper and their line managers on the daily preparation of the playing surfaces, and all other matters.
Compliance to all BHAGI’s relating to the racecourse and racing surfaces, when required.
Successful working relationships with greenkeeping team, grounds team and other departmental staff, and promotion of positive and motivated attitude through example.
Knowledge of and compliance with Health and Safety procedures and practices.
Hours of Work:
- A minimum of 40 hours per week worked flexibly
- Due to the nature of our business you will on occasions be expected to work anti-social hours where and when relevant business demands. Flexibility toward week-end, early and late working, as well as interdepartmental requirements is a pre-requisite of this employment.