Doncaster Racecourse and Exhibition Centre are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller to effectively manage the Finance Operation of Doncaster Racecourse and the on site Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
The Financial Controller will work closely with senior members of the Racecourse and regional teams, including the Executive Director and local management, basing themselves out of Doncaster Racecourse.
This will include the management and delegation of duties to members of staff within the finance department to ensure the highest standard and accuracy of work is produced. Operating as a business partner to the Executive Director and being a key driver in supporting the business moving forward.
- Deliver accurate and timely Management Accounts with forward looking analysis on key trends including performance against budget for both revenue and costs.
- Oversee the financial management and reporting of each racecourse raceday function, including pre raceday forecast and post raceday results, providing detailed explanations for variances to plan.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and followed to ensure the safeguarding of cash and digital payments on course
- Review of Prize Money monitors with the Clerks of the courses to ensure targets remain within agreed executive contribution levels.
- Appraise the senior team, Executive Director and accounts staff of the results post raceday and record appropriate details for future forecasting / actions.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure catering margins are safeguarded and stock levels monitored.
- Review the purchase, sales and general ledger postings to ensure the companies accounting procedures are being correctly adopted.
- Hold a weekly meeting to review all large and old debts advising team members of appropriate actions to take as per the company policy and ensure they are followed through.
- Assist with preparing where necessary and review the monthly profit and loss accounts with the Executive Director prior to submission to Group Finance advising of any issues that may have an impact on each months trading result.
- Review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- To be responsible for the development of all members of staff within the accounts department, including annual performance appraisals.
- To review the goals and targets of the department as set by the ED and Group Finance
- Prepare annual statutory financial information and submit a detailed audit pack.
ABOUT YOU: • ACCA or CIMA qualified• Information technology qualification would be an advantage• Minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role• Racecourse, sport, hotel or leisure background is a distinct advantage • Experience of managing finance teams (operational and strategic)• Excellent communicator• Ability to influence at all levels• Works well under pressure• Customer service focused (internal and external).• Organised, systematic and process driven.• Flexible approach towards working patterns and the ability to work to meet the needs of the business.
This is a great opportunity for an accomplished Financial Controller to join an established senior managment team within a lively customer centric environment. The nature of the business demands flexibility over working hours to suit each event and the preparation involved.