Sales Executive - Maternity Cover
The Commercial Sales Executive role involves all aspects of racing sales. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Commercial Sales Executive is responsible for proactively increasing all raceday restaurant and hospitality sales opportunities, to ensure that turnover and profit targets are met or exceeded.
This is a fast-paced exciting role where a positive attitude to customer liaison is required. if you feel you have a proven track record to achieve the below responsibilities then please apply!
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Hospitality and restaurant bookings (incoming enquires and outbound calling)
- Reporting sales figures against budget
- Full account management
- Supporting Commercial administrator as required
- Recognising and passing non-raceday referrals/leads to the Meetings & Events team
- To meet and surpass the targets in the profit plan
- Managing customer requirements, presenting and writing appropriate proposals
- and timely follow ups
- Outbound calling – keeping accurate records of activity and results and updating databases
- Converting enquiries in an efficient and timely manor
- To build effective relationships with existing clients, hospitality agents and corporate clients
- Development of the existing database of agencies and companies using relevant directories, website, research, local knowledge, email and telephone to find company decision makers
- Record and build contacts in Event Master System and/or any other CRM system.
- To contact previous clients to encourage repeat business year on year by excellent customer service and building relationships
- Identify all potential up-selling and pre-selling opportunities and to maximise income where possible.
- Work to targets as outlined by the Commercial Manager.
- To ensure that all written confirmation, terms and conditions and invoice are sent as soon as possible to the client via our Commercial Administrator or yourself.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- Proven track record of organisational skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the events industry
- Experience in customer care within corporate markets essential
- Excellent communicator/telephone manner
- Works well under periods of pressure
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strategic thinker
- Positive attitude
- Customer focused (internal and external)
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.