Hereford Racecourse is seeking a driven Groundsperson to work within the small but dedicated Grounds team. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Hereford Racecourse a great company to work for – it’s a great time to get on board!
You will be responsible for assisting in carrying out a maintenance programme for the course. This will include maintenance of external areas, estate buildings and equipment. You will assist in preparing the course for racing – to include mowing, strimming, fertilising, weeding, spraying, ‘treading in’, aeration, rolling and seeding as required. You will need to use various gardening, agricultural equipment, machinery, vehicles and chemicals in the process of carrying out your duties.
The successful candidate will be very proactive, be able to use their initiative and be highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work. Previous experience working within a similar environment is desirable.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Must have relevant outdoor year round labouring experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Flexible approach to working
- Works well under pressure
- Good Communication Skills
- Enjoy outdoor working
- Full clean driving licence
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.