We are currently recruiting for a very exciting job, seeking a driven Operations Manager to work within the existing team. This role will be focusing on the day to day operations across the Racecourse and working closely with the team at the Hilton Garden Inn. The Operations Manager will be accountable for manging the operational elements of race days as well as non-racing events, ensuring they run efficiently and safely. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and cleaning team.
Being part of the Senior Management team, this role is suited for someone who is looking for a new challenge and wants to work in a fast paced, high pressured role in a truly unique resort. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, has experience of managing a team, exceptional communication skills and effective time management.
Key Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Maintain the company’s safety management system.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the Group Health and Safety policy for all eventualities including race days, events and venue hire.
- Responsible for liaising with all statutory authorities, including representation at regular safety advisory group meetings.
- Monitor, arrange and review accredited training such as fire safety and first aid.
- Managing race day staff and safety stewards including recruitment and training and monitor and manage standards of the third party security team.
- Responsible for preparing the site for race days.
- Assist the Catering General Manager in liaising with race/event day suppliers including mobile catering units, trade stands, children’s entertainment ensuring they have appropriate health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation (food hygiene, etc). You will also locate these suppliers in relevant positions.
- Work with the Catering General Manager in securing service level agreements with the operators of mobile and fixed catering units.
- Create and maintain plans and procedures to ensure traffic arrives and leaves the course safely and efficiently. This includes management of the course entrances.
- Oversee preparation of the site and buildings for all events ensuring an operational plan is in place for all events and that buildings are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Ensure we have noise management plans in place for relevant events.
- Ensure there is an on-going maintenance programme that suits the demands of the business including waste disposal & recycling. Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies, monitoring all contractors to ensure they work in accordance with the company’s code of practice for contractors.
- You will ensure the site is secure at all times.
- You will ensure we have enough indoor and outdoor furniture to meet the requirements of the business.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Business or event qualification would be an advantage
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Computer Literate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety
- Experience of facility management
- Man management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!