Assistant Management Accountant
Chepstow Racecourse is looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant work within the existing finance team. The successful candidate will provide and support the Financial Controller on a day to day basis. The ideal candidates will be flexible in their approach and be comfortable working evenings and weekends to support our growing business. Demonstrable experience in a similar role is essential.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- To assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for Chepstow and Ffos Las Racecourses.
- To provide Raceday support at both racecourses.
- Overseeing the creditors and debtors Ledgers and processing payruns.
- Processing Monthly payroll for submission to head office.
- Reconciliation of racedays and non racing events.
- Degree qualification is desirable
- An AAT qualification or working towards is advantageous
- Strong IT skills
- AAT (preferred but not essential)
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail and accurate
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Produce accurate accounts to tight deadlines
- Communications – good written and oral to maintain good supplier/customer and inter departmental relations
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year, which increases with length of service to a maximum of 28 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.