We are seeking a driven and commercially focused Marketing Manager to join the team at Fontwell and Brighton Racecourse. This position will be split between the two venues.
The racecourses are set in beautiful spectacular surroundings and steeped in racing history. Located on the South Coast, with a thrilling and exciting atmosphere. Fontwell Park offers 24 exciting jump race meetings throughout the year and in addition to this Brighton have a further 21. Aside from racing both venues host a huge range of events; from Weddings to Banqueting, Exhibitions to Christmas Parties and have Meeting Space for 2 – 400 guests.
The Marketing Manager will successfully manage and co-ordinate all business marketing activities for Fontwell Park & Brighton Racecourse to ensure that sales turnover targets are met or exceeded within the annual marketing budget. You will target both the corporate and consumer markets, create and manage campaigns, implement social media strategy and develop and manage key stakeholder relationships. Thus effectively delivering an integrated marketing strategy, achieved through direct management of the admissions process and associated staff, working closely with the Sales team and all other relevant departments as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent experience
- CIM or equivalent
- Previous experience in admissions based Marketing
- Previous experience within sales is an advantage
- Experience in targeting both consumer and corporate markets
- Experience of social media programme design and implementation
- Proven track record as a commercially successful manager
- Strong computer skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Effective networker
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends
- Interest in or knowledge of horse racing is an advantage
- Experience in a leisure or sporting environment is an advantage
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to targets
- Able to work individually and as part of a Team
- The right to work within the UK
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.