The Guest Relations Manager is at the forefront of customer service and safety procedures within the Marriott Hotel and Country Club at Lingfield Park Resort. This role will focus on the day to day operations of the venue and manage the guest experience at the hotel’s key times. The GRM provides hotel guests with above-and-beyond service to ensure their experience is the best it can be. The position ensures that guests are happy from the moment they step into the hotel until they leave. Sometimes, they may continue to provide extended customer service after the guests have checked out and departed.
- It is the role of the Guest Relations Manager to be an ambassador for the Marriott Hotel and Lingfield Park, offering outstanding customer service.
- Anticipate the needs of our guests and offer each guest personal recognition upon arrival or return; be forthcoming with assistance in line with the Marriott Brand Standards.
- Stay current with all hotel products, services, policies and emergency procedures
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
- Handle, record and follow through with management issues or emergencies that arise
- Conduct any Health and Safety procedures, if required, including fire walks, food safety investigations, etc.
- Acknowledging guest or visitor compliments and complaints, investigating and resolving the problem to a satisfactory level, ensuring their needs are met whilst taking the hotels best interests into consideration. Complaints should be dealt with promptly and within a realistic time frame on behalf of the senior management team.
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure issues which may impact the business are addressed promptly, whether they are operational or guest related, ensuring all communication is open.
- Have knowledge of packages, promotional/seasonal offers and discounts that are available to guests, visitors and other businesses.
- Maintain a professional presence within the hotel lobby.
- Promote the hotel and racecourse facilities we have to offer, whilst becoming familiar with the surrounding areas when asked for directions or additional services, such as taxis.
- Monitor hotel rooms to ensure status is accurate and ready for check-in.
- Support and assist with the hotel restaurant, bar and any room service when required.
- Stay up to date of ongoing conferences and events within the hotel, ensuring teams are staffed and ready. Ensure all signage is correct and placed appropriately for that day.
- Anticipate the expectations of the day; checking department rota’s and being familiar with the staff in on each shift.
- GCSEs or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years in Hotel Front Desk Supervisory position or Food & Beverage operations
- Commitment to the role
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Excellent and effective communication
- Strong leadership skills
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Time management