Wolverhampton Racecourse has a new and exciting job opportunity for a driven, conscientious and energetic Financial Controller to join and lead the Finance team. Wolverhampton Racecourse is one of the busiest racecourses in the UK and is located in the heart of the Midlands. Part of the Arena Racing Company (ARC), Wolverhampton Racecourse is a unique multipurpose venue welcoming over 120,000 guests to over 70 fixtures each year on our All-Weather, Tapeta track. The venue offers more than just racing, with an on-site Holiday Inn Hotel, multipurpose conference and events.
The role of the Financial Controller is to work alongside the Managing Director and senior management of ARC, as well as the senior team at the racecourse to ensure the continued growth and secure financial health of the business.
You will provide expert financial guidance and hold overall responsibility for the courses financial strategy to deliver the business objectives. This will include effective management of the courses capital budgets, debt and working capital position, IT and accounting systems and compliance with all legislative and audit requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Must hold a full driving license, with the ability to travel across multiple sites.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience
- Racecourse, sport or leisure background is an advantage
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful, influential leader and experience of leading both strategic and operational teams
- Strong IT, analytic and modelling skills
- Able to demonstrate effective management of a small team
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, systematic and process driven
- Flexible approach towards working patterns and the ability to work to meet the needs of the business
- Energetic, highly motivated and an enquiring mind with a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group
Arena Racing Company does not accept unsolicited CV’s from any agencies that have not signed a mutual business agreement. All unsolicited CV’s will be considered Arena Racing Company’s property, and Arena Racing Company will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes CV’s submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the HR Department.