Hereford Racecourse is looking for an Events and Sales Executive to join the team on a permanent full-time contract. This is a really challenging and rewarding role where you will take part in the Event Venue Hire (EVH) division of the Racecourse. You will be a key part in ensuring that our customers experience that WOW feeling! So, if you’re passionate, dedicated and organised then this role is perfect for you.
The Event Executive will use their passion for customer service and interact with all EVH clients, retaining them for repeat business and continually look for new opportunities for the racecourse.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Deal with existing EVH customers and retain clients by ensuring they receive first class service.
- You will upsell with all offers and products the racecourse has to offer.
- Look after any incoming business that the racecourse receives via telephone and email.
- Generate new business for the EVH commercial line.
- You will be responsible for looking after existing clients ensuring that we maximise repeat business.
- You will liaise with the catering department frequently enabling clients needs to be me and exceeded.
- You will be responsible for converting sales and managing events within the EVH business line.
- GCSE or Equivalent at grade C/4 or above
- Experience in a customer service role
- Handling customer requests
- Confident, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to upsell
- Good time management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing skills
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
You may be required to work racing and non-racing events so flexibility towards evening and weekend working is prerequisite of this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.