We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Royal Windsor Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Operations Manager who will report to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will manage the operational elements of the business to ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard undertaking and being responsible for the development and heath and safety of the site.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Maintain the company’s safety management system
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the Group Health and Safety policy for all eventualities
- Responsible for preparing the site for race & event days
- Assist the Catering General Manager in liaising with race/event day suppliers including mobile catering units, trade stands, children’s entertainment ensuring they have appropriate health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation
- Ensure there is an on-going maintenance programme that suits the demands of the business
- To implement and monitor equipment and procedures to ensure the site is secure at all times
- Attend and respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Ensure all requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and 6th edition of the SGSA Green guide and adhered to and the site remains compliant
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Has, or working towards NVQ Level 4 in Spectator Safety Management
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in a similar role and a background in hotel, leisure or sporting is advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.