Position: Assistant Events Manager
Contract type: 1 x Permanent position, 1 x Fixed term Contract (Mat cover)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 5 over 7 days - Including late evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as needed
Located in the heart of Doncaster and easily accessible by road and rail, Doncaster Racecourse, part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is a unique venue welcoming over 225,000 visitors to 36 racedays delivering an exhilarating mix of horse racing, live music and fantastic social days out. As a conference and event facility, the venue offers more than 40 different meeting spaces delivering seminars, exhibitions, weddings and much more. Part of the venue includes The Old Weighing Room Restaurant & Bar, open all year round showcasing the very best of modern British cuisine
Doncaster Racecourse is currently recruiting for a very exciting job, seeking 2 driven Assistant Event Managers to work within the existing Catering and Events team.
This is an operation role, supporting the Event Managers to ensure the smooth running of all exhibitions, race day and non race day events. Making sure that all event areas are set to suit the client’s event requirements and ensure the clients expectations are met and exceeded. The Assistant Event Manager will liaise with all relevant departments, including attending weekly function sheet meetings and coordinating briefings. You will ensure that all hospitality and event business on raceday and non raceday is delivered with high quality of service and excellent customer satisfaction.
This is a very varied role and no 2 days are the same. It gives the successful candidates the opportunity to be a part of a mixture of events and exhibitions including boxing, reptiles and corporate conferences to name a few, plus being a part of the hospitality operation on race days. This is a truly varied and exciting role, which would be perfect for someone who is seeking a new challenge.
The successful candidate will be proactive, accurate and highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work. The candidate should also possess significant experience within a similar role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Experience working within Events, Hospitality or Retail is essential
- Experience of working within a venue is desirable
- Knowledge of food and beverage service and commodities is essential
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication
- Excellent customer service and very customer focused
- Computer literate
- Friendly and Approachable nature
- Able to work individually and as part of a Team
- The right to work within the UK
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.