We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Newcastle Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Assistant Hospitality Manager. The successful candidate will ensure that all event areas are set to suit the client’s event requirements and managed to the standards set by Newcastle Racecourse and ARC.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Liaise with key departments to ensure the setup of each event is to a high standard.
- Monitor and maintain operational standards through daily site inspections and check lists.
- Co-ordinate and deliver all administrative tasks as required for Race day and Non Race day events.
- Management of a hospitality area on race days.
- To brief staff prior to events and ensure relevant paperwork is completed.
- To deal with any customer enquiries which may lead to further sales or bookings for Newcastle Racecourse.
- Ensure that team members are well presented and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To meet and greet clients in a professional manner as and when required during events and race days, acting as an ambassador for Newcastle Racecourse at all times.
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- Previous experience in a similar role or sporting and leisure industry is advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.