Doncaster Racecourse is seeking an enthusiastic Accounts Apprentice to join the Finance department. With one of the best fixture lists in the country and the new Hilton Hotel, Doncaster Racecourse is a really exciting place to work and we would love you to be part of our success.
The successful Accounts Apprentice will report to the Financial Controller and be responsible for providing support and assistance on a daily basis. You will produce financial information as and when requested working closely with key stakeholders around the business. You will also assist in the financial controls of the venue.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Posting transactions to both Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Timely reconciliation of cash floats (including prep and post event)
- Ensure the efficient operation of Raceday and Non Raceday cash management
- Preparation of Raceday and Non Raceday specific reports
- General financial administration.
- Any other special duties or work outside the daily and weekly routines, but within the overall scope of the position.
- Any other reasonable request from the Finance Team
- To actively promote the racecourse on all occasions
- Show willingness to work to the needs of the business including event days pro rata
You are to demonstrate;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- A systematic approach to problems
- A process driven attitude to tasks
- Positive attitude
Qualifications and experience:
- One year’s experience in a multi-functional finance environment is an advantage
- 5 A-C GSCE’s or equivalent
We look forward to hearing from you.