Join us as our Head Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity, adding your experience and wisdom to the team mix. We are looking for a hands on Head Chef who can inspire and lead a dedicated team, keep menus fresh and relevant as well deliver under the Marriott Brand.
The successful Head Chef will report to the Resort Executive Head Chef and will be responsible for organizing and supervising all kitchen operations, maintaining high food quality and awareness of hygiene regulations. Controlling costs in general and maintaining good staff relations as well as maintaining all legal and company health and safety standards. The Head chef (Hotel) will be responsible for the production of food for the Restaurant, Bar and Golf Bar. This will include functions being held in these areas, as well as breakfast, lunch, spa guest lunches, afternoon tea, room service, dinner and special events.
Some of the key responsibilities are;
- To liaise closely with the Hotel & Country Club Manager on revenue budgets and cost targets.
- To purchase with agreed parameters, ensuring the budgeted food GP is achieved
- To ensure all menus are costed to achieve the targeted GP %
- To ensure all EHO and food Safety and production requirements are met
- To closely work on day to day basis to ensure hygienic and tidy kitchen areas at all times
- To assist in the catering for internal customers by producing creative menu designs and ensuring production control
- To ensure a safe working environment at all times
- To be fully aware of competitors and industry trends
- To complete regular job and performance reviews with the team in line with company guidelines, including regular 1-2-1 meetings, new starter reviews and appraisals
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- Level 3 Food Safety in Catering
- GCSE’s or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Sous Chef
- Have attention to detail
- Be self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent customer service skills.
In return we will offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.