Group Buildings & Facilities Manager
We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Group Buildings and Facilities Manager who will report to the. Group Operations Director The successful candidate will provide excellent Project Management capability to support the group, aimed at improving our venues and assets.
- To manage all aspects of the annual property maintenance and improvements programme
- To provide input support and direction on the repairs and refurbishment programme across the ARC portfolio
- To lead the Board to develop robust policies, procedures and other governance arrangements for the use and management of land and property assets
- Tender and appoint contractors across a range of projects to deliver successful projects
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolve problems at a project level and support the project delivery team
- Maintain & report to the Board a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects, manage the project budgets
- To work alongside the Motcomb team to manage all property leases within our Venues.
- Work closely with the Group Health and Safety Manager to ensure buildings and facilities meet all legislative requirements
- To develop an understanding of policy, procedure and legislation that governs our buildings and facilities
- Relevant degree and membership of professional institutes/bodies (eg. BIFM)
- Prince II Qualified
- Experience in civils/buildings and Mechanical and Electrical
- Commercial Management
- Building knowledge of projects up to £20m
- Attention to detail
- Consultative approach to management
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have a systematic approach to problems
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.