We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Newcastle Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Staffing Manager who will report to the Catering General Manager. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work and be able to provide a consistently high level of organisational and communication skills.
- Work with the Catering General Manager to plan casual staff recruitment for key events and seasonal work
- Plan and promote recruitment open days
- Maintain a pool of casual workers through creative recruitment and retention techniques
- Engage with local agencies to ensure the company receives the most competitive rates possible
- To work with the Catering General Manager to maintain and update the training needs analysis for casual catering workers
- Maintain all casual worker personnel files. Ensuring all relevant documents are present, for example; evidence of Right to Work in the UK documents
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- Experience of staffing in the leisure, sporting, hospitality industry is advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.