Position: Racing Sales Executive
Salary: Dependant on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 5 over 7 – including weekend and evening race meetings
Doncaster Racecourse is currently recruiting for a very exciting position, seeking a driven Racing Sales Executive to work within the existing Sales team. This role is a great opportunity for someone who loves proactive sales and working in a nonstop, varied environment.
At Doncaster Racecourse, no two days are ever the same! It truly is a unique venue to work in and one that can provide a great challenge for the right candidate.
The main duties of the Racing Sales Executive is to establish a strong presence amongst local and national competitors and coordinating sales to grow our race day product, hospitality bookings, restaurant sales and general ticket sales. Working closely with our sales teams you will ensure that every aspect of our guest experience is exceptional whilst maintaining focus on achieving the financial objectives for the site. This is an inbound and proactive sales role, where you will be expected to build up a new client base and develop current relationships, this will be done through actively working with cold and warm leads via phone, email and client visits.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- Proven track record in sales or account management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Venue, hospitality or leisure background is an advantage
- Experience of Event Master or similar ticketing/crm system is an advantage
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication
- Excellent customer service and very customer focused
- Computer literate
- Friendly and Approachable nature
- Able to work individually and as part of a Team
- Works well under pressure
- Organised, systematic and process driven
- The right to work within the UK
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
We look forward to hearing from you!