We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Newcastle Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Hospitality and Events manager who will report to the General Manager.
- To undertake the responsibility for the professional, efficient and cost-effective operation of catering and events at Newcastle Racecourse through instructing and managing the relevant teams to facilitate all events hosted by the racecourse to the highest standards.
- The role will be responsible for the food, beverage, service and financial aspects of catering across the site
- Responsible for the financial performance of the catering budget through the control of spends per head, gross margins, cost of sales, fixed and variable labour and stock.
- To work with Sales and Marketing teams to agree package and sales strategies to drive pre-booked catering spends.
- Work with Head chef to provide innovative and creative product offerings
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers
- To provide operational guidance and leadership to the catering team
- To ensure adherence to food safety and health and safety.
- To provide support and guidance to the staffing manager to ensure minimum staff turnover, to ensure that appropriate training is conducted and to promote equality and diversity initiatives.
- To ensure that all HR responsibilities are completed amongst your team, to include monitoring and recording absence, appraisals, one to ones, succession planning and holiday planning.
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- Minimum of 2 years in similar role
- Racecourse, sport, leisure or hotel background an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, systematic and process driven
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.