Night Manager - Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse
We are recruiting for a Nights Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse & The Old Weighing Room Restaurant.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Then we would love you to join the opening team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster
Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse – only just opened in the summer of 2018!
The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers award-winning food & beverage, there are numerous choices for diners in each hotel's restaurant, lounge and 24/7 retail space - everything from handcrafted cocktails to locally-inspired small plates. Additionally, guest rooms are designed for work and comfort, with such features and amenities as large work desks, ergonomic chairs, Serta beds, a mini-fridge, HDTV and complementary Wi-Fi.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious experienced Nights Manager looking for your next opportunity to part of the opening team of the hotel reporting to the Reception Manager.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
What are we looking for?
Night Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Previous Hilton experience is a distinct advantage
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Previous experience with Front Office Management Systems
- Previous experience with cash handling
What will I be doing?
As Night Manager, you are responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests by performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Assist the reception Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Serve as a point of contact for regular and important Guests
- Complete Night Audit duties
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Understand and demonstrate correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Represent the Senior Managers in their absence, taking full responsibility of the hotel
- Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
- Compile adequate handover to Early staff / Duty Manager
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Demonstrate current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Conduct Health and Safety Checks and Night Walks
- Maintain a good status awareness of all hotel areas
- Complete Duty Manager duties
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Hilton benefits and discounts
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.