The role of the Maintenance Technician covers the following aims and objectives:To maintain all new and existing buildings by carrying out carpentry, decorating and buildings works where practicable to the highest possible standard of workmanship and finish.To assist in the development of maintenance schedules for all Estate buildings and machinery assets (associated with building installations) to ensure that all new and existing facilities are maintained to the highest possible standards of presentation.To keep historical records for all planned and unscheduled maintenance that is carried out on items as outlined above.To ensure that all works are carried out in compliance with all Health and Safety requirements at all times.To ensure all projects are implemented to the specifications provided and within agreed budgets, either from the businesses P & L or within an agreed capital budget.To ensure that all building regulations are complied to within the scope of all projects and on a day to day operational basis, covering Safety at Sports Grounds Regulations, Fire alarm/other safety and intruder systems, lifting equipment, passenger/goods lifts, workshop equipment, electrical equipment.To work with all site contractors involved and responsible for the delivery of maintenance services on race days. To include CCTV, Public address and Electrical contractor.To proactively support assist and develop the Maintenance Team as required.To treat equipment responsibly and with respect. Wearing appropriate PPE where appropriate, and prolonging the life of the equipment through proper care.To ensure that any problems found are either dealt with immediately or reported to the Maintenance Manager or senior personnel.To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- using towels in appropriate quantity to minimise unnecessary laundering
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment.
To be an ambassador for Lingfield Park, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Resort in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible
To carryout any other tasks occasionally requested by the Maintenance Manager.
- GCSE or equivalent
- Relevant NVQ Level 2 & 3 qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in commercial maintenance work.
- Specialist skill or qualification, or and interest in gaining qualification in one of the following areas; painting and decorating, carpentry, general building.
- People orientated, with a total appreciation for high standards of internal and external customer service.
- A good planner and organiser of tasks, events, processes and people.
- Ability to work with meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.