Casual Commis Chef - Hilton Garden Inn at Doncaster Racecourse
Hilton Garden Inn at Doncaster Racecourse is a brand new hotel which opened in September 2018 at the William Hill St Leger festival. The hotel has 154 bedrooms, private dining facilities, a fantastic function suite to host over 300 guests and a unique associated restaurant, The Old Weighing Room. Guests can experience breathtaking views over the historic racecourse, while enjoying exciting sporting action, excellent hospitality, attending a private party or simply relaxing for a long weekend
After a very successful year in 2018, we are now looking for additional workers to join our team. We value the contribution of all our workers as they are the people who turn our customer experiences from being great to being fantastic!
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Prepare the food and mise-en-place in the assigned section of the kitchen for luncheon and dinner services as specified
- To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times in all parts of the kitchen and all machinery and equipment used
- To ensure that the agreed portion sizes and menu specifications are adhered to
- Ensure wastage in the kitchen is kept to the absolute minimum to reduce costs and increase profitability
If you have:
- A clear focus on delivering fantastic customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Relevant experience of food and beverage duties, ideally within the hospitality and leisure industries
We can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Opportunities to receive training and work experience across a range of business areas
- Up to 10 x entrance vouchers for use at any of our courses after working with us for 6 months (local terms and conditions apply)
What is casual work?
Casual work is a great solution as it enables you to work flexibly around other commitments in your life. Once you have registered your interest, we will contact you in advance to offer you department based shifts on racedays or hospitality functions. There are usually a range of shifts available and opportunities for work are based on busy seasons and the annual racing calendar. Positions will be allocated on the day as part of the briefing.