We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Bath Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Accounts Assistant who will report to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will provide and support the Financial Controller on a day to day basis.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- To assist in the production of accurate management accounts on a timely basis including the appropriate reconciliations
- To support with the IT requirements and maintenance of all systems on site
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller continually review internal audit procedures and ensure compliance
- Match purchase invoices to purchase orders & delivery notes
- Ensure all invoices have been authorised to manage payment in accordance with company policy
- Raise and despatch all invoices through Exchequer in accordance with company policy
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Produce a weekly debtors report highlighting areas of concern to both the FC and Commercial Team
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above
- An AAT qualification or working towards is advantageous
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail and accurate
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.