Bath Racecourse is seeking a seasonal Groundsperson to join the team from April 2019 to October 2019. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Bath Racecourse a great company to work for – it’s an exciting time to get on board!
This is a challenging yet rewarding role for a motivated and conscientious Groundsperson. The successful candidate will report to the Head Groundsperson and will be an important part of ensuring that ground conditions are at their very best, promoting Bath racecourse as the chosen venue for owners and trainers to compete their horses.
Under the direction of the Head Groundsperson you will carry out a maintenance programme for the course. The work entails working outside in changing and inclement weather conditions and at times can be physically demanding. This role has huge variety from preparing the course for racing to maintaining the parade ring, car parks, lawn and garden areas. This role will include preparation and reinstatement of the course before, after and during racing and will include using machinery, tractors and other maintenance equipment.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- Experience working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible approach to working
- Enjoy outdoor working
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a similar role would be advantageous but not essential
In return we will offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group
We look forward to hearing from you.