We love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Worcester Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Business Development Executive who will report to the Executive Director.
Your key responsibilities will be to maximise revenue for the following key income streams:
- Race Sponsorship
- Advertising Hoardings
- Non-racing and to run Worcester Racecourse ‘own’ events
With all four of these key income generators, you have two specific responsibilities:
To proactively identify and source new customers in each of the above categories
- To retain existing clients by ensuring they receive excellent customer service and then keep a dialogue open to ensure they are aware of all future opportunities to buy our products
You will also be expected to develop your knowledge of the horse racing industry and become part of the racing team on race days.
High levels of commitment and responsibility will be required in order to meet and surpass performance targets.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English & Maths preferably.
- Minimum of 2 years Sales experience with a proven track record of building relationships
- Experienced in use of Microsot Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.