We love racing, we love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Worcester and Hereford Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for a Catering Operations Manager who will report to the Executive Director. You will be passionate about delivering exceptional service and ensure that both Worcester and Hereford Racecourse are the best in the country.
- Maintain high operational standards across all racing and non-racing events. Developing the operational service and food standards across both sites demonstrating flair, innovation and creativity
- Lead the team in the planning and efficient delivery of all events demonstrating high quality of service and customer satisfaction
- Liaise with the sales executives to plan, monitor and develop event proposals and delivery techniques as required
- Plan and oversee all variable labour costing for hospitality, retail and kitchen production maintaining budgeted restrictions
- Assist in the development and implementation of a coherent strategy for all areas of the catering & event business
- To deal with any customer enquiries which may lead to further sales and bookings
- constantly seek new opportunities for profitable use of facilities towards increased customer satisfaction and growth
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above in Maths and English
- Level 3 Food Safety Qualification
- Personal License
- Proven track record and experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the hospitality and catering industry
- Business and strategic planning experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.