We love racing, we love entertaining people, creating memories to share and treasure! We are one of the largest operators of racecourses in the U.K and love working with people that are quick thinking, collaborative and commercial. We encourage each other to think big, challenge the norm and work at pace to deliver exceptional results. If you’re looking to build a successful career built on knowledge, trust and integrity and one that is full of potential then we think you’ll love working here too.
Doncaster Racecourse part of Arena Racing Company (ARC) is looking for an Events Sales Coordinator who will report to the Events Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and coordination of events at the racecourse.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Handle incoming queries via email, telephone and client visits and see them through to confirmed bookings
- You will liaise between the client and the rest of the team at Doncaster to ensure events run to plan
- You will update the client database and build strong relationships in order to secure repeat business
- Attend weekly meetings to keep up to date with the operations of the business and the short-term vision in order to meet commercial targets
- Complete relevant paperwork cross referencing the needs and requirements of the clients before circulating the documentation with the wider team to meet expectations
- Attend weekly 1-2-1 meetings with your line manager to review achievements, gain support and knowledge and discuss the plan for the following week and month
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Events or sales qualification is advantageous
- Proven record of successful sales
- High level of negotiating and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organisation, influence and leadership skills
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.