The Hilton Garden inn Hotel at Doncaster Racecourse is looking or a Maintenance Assistant to work on a casual basis.
We are looking for a Maintenance Assistant who will take pride in ensuring the hotel is maintained to a high standard combining proactive maintenance checks with reactive repairs whilst still providing guest service in a clean and safe environment.
Key Tasks will involve:
- Ensure that all maintenance issues are dealt with in an efficient, safe and prompt manner
- Perform preventive and repair maintenance throughout all areas of the hotel
- Carry out your duties in a timely manner, keeping all guest areas safe and as clean as possible to the job.
- Ensure spare stock levels are maintained and advise the Maintenance Manager if running low.
- Ensure the maintenance area, is labelled and list all items held in same for easy identification by authorised personnel
- Ensure compliance with company regulations at all times and ensure you adhere to Health & Safety procedures when carrying out work in the hotel areas
- Assist with fire alarm tests and checks on a regular basis as per regulations and keep an up to date log
- Ensure contractors working onsite carry out work as required and adhere to Health & Safety policy in the absence of the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure you are familiar with locations and procedures for basic shut off of equipment and supplies, to maintain safety of hotel, staff and guests
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
- To display a pro-active approach to environmental and efficiency issues throughout the business.
- To work closely with housekeeping team to ensure bedrooms are kept to company standards with pro-active maintenance checks.