Sedgefield Racecourse is looking for a successful and passionate Head of Commercial expert to join the team on a permanent contract. This is a really challenging and rewarding role where you will take part in our exciting racing and non-racing events helping to give our customers that WOW experience! So, if you’re passionate, dedicated and organised then this role is perfect for you.
The Head of Commercial will be responsible for establishing a strong presence amongst local and national competitors, driving sales and growing our raceday and non-raceday offer. Reporting to the General Manager you will ensure that every aspect of the customer experience is exceptional whilst maintaining profit lines.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Working with the General Manager to ensure that the commercial department has a sales and marketing plan that is designed and implemented in line with the overall business plan
- Working with the General Manager, to set detailed sales and profit budgets for the sponsorship department
- Selling annual branding sites and other commercial opportunities at the course
- Producing and delivering sponsorship proposals
- Attending and leading networking events and functions as required
- To clearly identify all customer market segments and design and implement sales and promotion activity to increase sponsorship
- To identify new target markets and opportunities, build relationships with potential new customers develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- To implement procedures to maximise opportunities for cross-selling of other business opportunities (including general ticket sales, hospitality, conference and events) and upselling.
- A Business/Sales degree is advantageous
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with proven sales success
- A background in sport, leisure or hospitality is advantageous
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- Organised and proactive
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.