Lingfield Park Resort is looking for a Conference & Banqueting Porter to join our driven and successful team on a permanent contract. This is a really challenging and rewarding role where you will take part in our exciting racing and non-racing events helping to give our customers that WOW experience! So, if you’re passionate, dedicated and organised then this role is perfect for you.
Reporting to the C&B Manager you will be responsible for the efficient and timely set up and breakdown of our retail and hospitality areas as required to meet business needs and fulfil customer requirements.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- To communicate effectively with the C&B Manager, C&B Supervisors, Resort Catering General Manager, and Retail and Cellar Manager to understand requirements and prioritise workload appropriately
- To be familiar with all hospitality areas on site with regard to room layout and capacities to ensure compliance with customer requirements as well as our health & safety responsibilities.
- To ensure that all facilities are maintained to the highest possible standards of presentation
- To be responsible for area supervision as and when requested during racing or at other events
- As and when required to directly supervise casual workers in the set-up and break down of retail and hospitality areas
- When possible to lock up the Pavilion and Eclipse buildings before the ending of work for the day
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- At least 1 year in Food and Beverage or Catering industries
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.