Reservations Coordinator - Maternity Cover
Maternity Cover - Reservations Coordinator
We are recruiting for a Reservations Coordinator at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry??? Then we would love you to join the opening team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse.
Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse.
The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers award-winning food & beverage, there are numerous choices for diners in each hotel's restaurant, lounge and 24/7 retail space - everything from handcrafted cocktails to locally-inspired small plates. Additionally, guest rooms are designed for work and comfort, with such features and amenities as large work desks, ergonomic chairs, Serta beds, a mini-fridge, HDTV and complementary Wi-Fi.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious and experienced Reservations Coordinator looking for your next opportunity and to be part of a new team, reporting to the Reception Manager.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
What will I be doing?
As Reservations Coordinator, you will work with large groups, conference bookings and event bookings, working alongside the General Manager to agree rates. The Reservations Co-ordinator will interact frequently with customers and guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Conduct weekly spot checks of five bookings carried out with a minimum of 90% achieved in any departmental and system audits for any Team Member
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to generate high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Organise hotel promotional activities
- Support and cover reception shifts in line with the business needs. Covering sickness and annual leave of the dedicated Reception Team.
What are we looking for?
A Reservations Cordinator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous experience in a Reservations role within hotels
- Previous experience within a Hilton branded hotel is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems is an advantage – OnQ, OnQ R&I and GRO
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job Type: Maternity Cover - Full-time – 40 hours per week
Salary: £17,000.00 to £17,500.00 /year
This role is immediately available.