Royal Windsor Racecourse is looking to appoint a Trainee Clerk of Course due the current Clerk’s success and career progression within the Group. If you have a keen interest in Racing, Turf Husbandry and are looking for a career with longevity then this opportunity, which provides support, guidance and wealth of knowledge, could be yours.
The Trainee Clerk of Course will go through a 6-12 month training programme. Upon successful accreditation we aim to offer the trainee the position of Clerk of the Course at Royal Windsor Racecourse.
A detailed Training Guide and associated programme will be supplied on appointment.
Below are some of the key areas and responsibilities
- Understanding the structure of the industry
- BHA and its role as Racing’s Regulatory Authority
- Racecourse Operations – including the roles of all Officials
- Race planning and funding
- Conduct of a Raceday
- Turf Husbandry
- Health and Safety
- Management and professional development of Groundstaff
- Liaison with BHEST/BHA responsible for training/accreditation
- Leading the Groundstaff team at Royal Windsor
- Track Maintenance
- Maintenance of the site
- Financial controls
- A Higher Education qualification is advantageous
- Proficient in using Microsoft IT packages
Experience and Skills
- The ability to communicate with people on all levels
- A proven record of strong leadership and motivational skills
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- Loyalty and commitment
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills and an eye for detail
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.