Newcastle Racecourse is looking for a talented and conscientious Event Sales Executive to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a challenging and exciting role where you really will get out what you put in. If you’re passionate and dedicated to ensuring customers have an extraordinary experience then this could be the role you’ve been looking for.
You will be part of a driven and successful team where you will pro-actively increase the sales of non-race day business at the racecourse which includes meetings, conferences, weddings, banqueting events, parties and outdoor events. You will work with the current team to achieve targets and budgets.
- To identify potential new customers and either approach them directly or create initiatives to generate sales.
- Manage existing accounts by ensuring you have a strong professional relationship providing first class customer service.
- You will use appropriate sale techniques to close sales in accordance with weekly and monthly targets.
- To sell Newcastle Racecourse by showing customers around the different areas and highlighting the exceptional facilities we have.
- To follow the sales process for the best customer journey which will be recognised in a minimum of 85% on mystery shopper calls.
- You will assist with the running of the race day operation and cross selling as and when required to do so.
- You will also have an excellent knowledge of all sides of our business and champion the potential to maximise cross selling opportunities.
- You will be creative with ideas and themes for non-racing events and share these with your team.
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven sales experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- You will have a systematic approach to solving problems.
- A process drive attitude to tasks.
- You will have the ability to work well unsupervised and work well as part of a team.
In return we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
We look forward to hearing from you.