Arena Racing Company are looking to recruit a Retail and Events Manager to take a leading role within our recently established North East Catering Hub.
Based at Newcastle Racecourse, this role has responsibility for the management of our Retail F&B offering across all racedays at one of the country’s most prestigious sports venues based at High Gosforth Park with regular support at Sedgefield Racecourse. The venue is currently undergoing significant investment as part of a plan that will ensure its place as one of the leading events and exhibition venues in the North, as well as hosting some of the most exciting racing events in the industry.
You will be an intergral part of the catering and events team that deliver sustainable growth through enhanced revenue generation, improved service delivery and deliver cost savings and through maximising commercial opportunities.
Key duties include:
- To assist the Catering Operations Manager in the implementation and delivering of the catering strategy
- To evaluate and continually update the performance monitoring process of our catering teams service and food quality delivery
- The development and managment of all retail operations, to include food, beverage, bar and concession operations this will include the pre race day set up and break down along with the live event operation and close/clean down of all retail areas.
- Being Creative and having accountability of driving spend per head, monitoring this per race meeting and suggesting opportunities on ways to constantly improve and increase sales.
- Plan all rotas to cover event build up, operation and breakdown with appropriate personnel across the multi-site operation. Ensuring that all costs are within financial targets and budgets.
- Liaise with the sales executives to plan, monitor and develop the catering information for racing & non-racing information.
- Lead all volume operations and take personal accountability for the support of key account client requirements in both the planning and execution of events.
- To personally lead from the front, demonstrating proactive techniques in the management of the ARC EPOS System across all aspects of the platform defined by the Head of Group Catering & Events.
- Plan and oversee all variable labour costing for events, hospitality and retail, maintaining budgeted restrictions.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.