Operations and Safety Manager (Maintenance and Facilities)
Doncaster Racecourse has an exciting new role, seeking an Operations & Safety Manager. Being part of the senior management team, working closely with the Executive Director to ensure the site is compliant and the facilities are managed.
About the role:
To manage the operational elements of a race day and non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. To ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and cleaning team, be that in house or out sourced supply. Including the delivery of the planned and reactive maintenance programme across the site. Ensuring all contractors complete the relevant documentation and managing all compliance and legislative records.
The Operations & Safety Manager will work closely with the Executive Director in undertaking site developments and will take the lead on all matters regarding Health and Safety. In addition, they will be the appointed Safety officer for Race days and where applicable Non-Race day events to oversee and manage all legislative elements of event safety.
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Computer literate.
- Ideally NVQ 4 spectator safety – minimum requirement (will accept level 3 and working towards 4)
- IOSH Managing Safely
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
- Maintenance | FM qualifications
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Logical approach to tasks
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you today!