About the role
Under the direction of the Group Payroll Manager the Payroll Officer will be responsible for administering payroll for all locations across the UK for Arena Racing Company. Providing payroll delivery and support to the wider business, and ensuring that monthly in-house payrolls are processed on time and all statutory accounting is complete.
The Payroll team will deliver monthly payrolls for circa 4000 Staff. Managing the end to end payroll process from submission to financial reporting.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Assist with the integration of any new business acquisitions to our in-house payroll service and procedures. Delivering a streamlined transition.
- Administer monthly payrolls ensuring accuracy and timeliness are of paramount importance.
- Monitoring new starters and leavers, processing changes to payroll as a result of, promotions, pay changes etc.
- Processing monthly auto enrolment and all other employee pension schemes and updating the relevant information on the system and correspondence are sent to relevant employees in accordance with PAE regulations.
- Process weekly and monthly payrolls ensuring accuracy and timeliness are of paramount importance.
- Administer all payroll associated benefits. Including Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, Private Healthcare etc.
- Process year end payroll submissions, including P60’s, P11D’s etc.
- Deal with payroll enquiries from employees to satisfactory resolution
- Provide accurate and timely payroll reports to all locations following the completion of each payroll submission.
- Liaison with HMRC; pension providers and other third parties
- Administer mandatory legal employee salary deductions. Including, child maintenance and attachment of earnings orders etc.
- Prepare and maintain payroll records that ensure compliance with audit and legislative requirements and at all times work within the boundaries of payroll authorisation requirements.
- Deputise for Group Payroll Manager over periods of absence ensuring service levels to internal customers remain consistent, provide supervision of Group Payroll Assistant and help with development of key skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and knowledge of Payroll practices and Procedures.
- Advance knowledge of Excel
- Finance qualification ideal but not essential
Key Performance Indicators: