Groundsperson - Newcastle Greyhounds
About the role:
Newcastle Greyhound Stadium is seeking a driven Groundsperson to work within the Grounds team. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Newcastle Greyhound Stadium a great company to work for – it’s a great time to get on board!
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Groundsperson. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest quality racing surface all year round. Maintenance of the outside areas to the highest possible standard of presentation. To assist in the maintenance of all track / kennel equipment. To assist with the smooth running of race meetings.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
This is a challenging yet rewarding role for a motivated individual. Although part of a team, working with one’s own initiative is vital in delivering the responsibilities within this role.
- Under the direction of the Grounds Manager, carry out a maintenance programme for the track. The work entails working outside in changing and often inclement weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
- Assure the track surface is prepared accordingly prior to every race meeting and throughout meeting this will include:- Use of tractors, machinery and maintenance equipment as required.
- Maintain all grass/non running surfaces with particular attention to raceday and event presentation.
- General maintenance of external areas, to include car parks, tarmac areas and customer facing areas.
- Ensure all external areas are free from weeds, rubbish and leaves.
- You will be required to carry out testing of equipment to ensure all equipment is functional and a professional appearance is maintained at all times.
- Abide by all regulations and safe working practices in accordance as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the GBGB rules of racing and report any and all issues to your line manager.
- Ensure greyhound welfare is at the heart of everything you do and highlight any instances to your line manager where these standards are not met.
- Due to the nature of this role, working unsocial hours will be a frequent occurrence, including late evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Work Well in a team and have initiative to work by yourself.
- Working closely with the kennels and officials such as GBGB.
Skills and Qualities we are looking for:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Flexible approach to working
- Works well under pressure
- Good Communication Skills
- Enjoy outdoor working
- Full clean driving licence
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!